Sunday, December 27, 2009

Qatar, part I

I've come to visit some family in Qatar for the holidays, I'm absolutly amazed by the middleeastern culture.
on my first day I've already come in contact with soo many things that or completly diferent towhat we are used in the west, the lettering is absolutly fascinating, especially the way they convert the western company logos to the arabic script.
I thought their customs would bother me a lot more, but i realize that some things are just so caracteristic to a certain people that it would be impossible to break away from. I visited one of the arabic families in the area, that obey all the traditional social conduct and it's not very hard to understand why, the same way we do certain things without thinking twice or questioning the morality of it.

1 comment: